Identity Theft Matrix, Identity Theft, ID Theft, ID Theft Victim, Identity Theft Insurance, Identity Theft What To Do, Identity Theft Help, Identity Theft Protection, Identity Theft Prevention

Monday, May 19, 2008

How You Can Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Identity Theft Through E-Bay & Paypal

See this excellent article from Tina Barraclough who's one of the senior experts at Ezine articles

"I decided to write this article after I become a victim of identity theft on November 7, 2006. Before this happened to me , I used to be one of those people that think things like this could and would never happen to me, I do not feel this way anymore. I found out the hard way that if you do not take all the necessary step to protect yourself from identity theft, that sometime in your life you could become a victim.

First off, let me tell you what happened to me. On the morning of November 7, 2006 I got on my computer to check my emails and do all my usual activity related to my home businesses that I am involved in.

When I opened up my email program I noticed the first 50 or so emails were from eBay saying "You have won such and such" item. I am thinking to myself that these emails must be fake emails as I had not bought anything from E-Bay recently. So I thought the next time I go onto eBay I will check and see if these emails were in my messages in my eBay account.

Just then my friend called me to ask me if I could go on E-bay and look for something for her as her computer was down (That was my blessing as it would turn out) I go into my E-bay account and as I am looking for this item for her I notice I had a new feedback score, and I knew I should not have a new score as I did not purchase anything new recently.

I click on my feedback to see where this came from, and to my surprise I received feedback from one of the sellers that sold an item that was in those emails I had gotten from E-bay. At this point in time I am starting to freak out here because I am now realizing that the emails I received from E-bay were not fake emails apparently. I tell my friend I will call her back."



Click here for more of Tina's article on How You Can Avoid Becoming A Victim Of Identity Theft Through E-Bay & Paypal

No comments: